Help make Alexa smarter on Alexa Answers. Sign in with Amazon

Miscellaneous

How much silver is in a nineteen sixty four quarter?


1964 was the last year the U.S made silver quarters. They were a purity of 90% silver content. The other 10% consisted of other alloys to make the coin strong. A 100% silver coin would be too soft and would not hold up to circulation. In 1965 the U.S switched to clad coins with no silver content.

{{ relativeTimeResolver(1625349487356) }}

LIVE
Points points 264
Rating

Similar Questions
Sign in to view all similar questions

Join Alexa Answers

Help make Alexa smarter and share your knowledge with the world

LEARN MORE