Science

Why is chocolate dangerous to dogs?


2 Answers

Chocolate is toxic to both dogs and cats because it contains a chemical called theobromine, and caffeine. Both chemicals are used in medicine as relaxants and diuretics. Dogs cannot process these chemicals as well as humans making the effects more dangerous.

{{ relativeTimeResolver(1568592224945) }}

LIVE
Points points 61
Rating 0

Chocolate contains a caffeine like chemical called Theobromine that is toxic to animals. While a dog can eat a small amount of milk chocolate (that contains less Theobromine), and have little to no side-effects. But any amount of dark chocolate (that contains the most amount) can be harmful to dogs.

{{ relativeTimeResolver(1571759051772) }}

LIVE
Points points 50
Rating 0
Sign-in to view all answers

Similar Questions
Science 1 Answer

Join Alexa Answers

Help make Alexa smarter and share your knowledge with the world

LEARN MORE